Public Health Information Systems – Training Content Developer
iMMAP is an international non-governmental organization that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target aid to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and better decisions lead to better results. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps solve the operational and strategic challenges of our partners in emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better results.
iMMAP will carry out capacity building of regional ministries of health in 5 regions (Littoral, Adamaoua, West, North-West and South-West). Emphasis will be placed on developing the capacity of public sector staff at district, hospital and regional levels to improve analysis, interpretation and evidence-based decision-making using digital health data. The training will focus on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and COVID-19 vaccination data, with an emphasis on Microsoft PowerBi, Microsoft Excel and DHIS2 platforms.
iMMAP is looking for a part-time consultant who will be able to develop and adapt new and existing training content to help deliver capacity building activities
This is a remote, home-based position, and the position is dependent on funding
Fluency in English and French is essential
Description of homework
iMMAP is looking for a part-time consultant who will be able to develop and adapt new and existing training content to help deliver capacity building activities. The Public Health Information Systems Developer – Training Content will work closely with the Program Manager, Capacity Building Officers, Ministry of Health, as well as technical supports within iMMAP. The PHIS Advisor will serve as the lead public health expert and lead curriculum development and advise on content.
The trainings should last between 2 and 5 days at the national and regional level and will have a program adapted according to the public. Training materials should be developed for regional level trainings and for district level trainings. District-level training will include both district managers as well as people working in HMIS in hospitals. The content of the training will have to be developed/translated in French and English due to the regions where the project is implemented
- Review existing PHIS training content
- With the help of the program team and technical supports, adapt and adjust the content of the PHIS training according to the needs of the programs and the different activities
- Advanced university degree or equivalent experience in epidemiology, including health information systems
- At least 6 years of experience working on health data using health management information systems is essential;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience and training in international academic, non-profit, development and humanitarian organizations;
- Experience working with national or regional governments is desirable;
- Experience in sexual, reproductive and maternal health data is essential;
- Experience with vaccination data is desirable
- Experience with DHIS2 is essential, and experience with PowerBi and similar platforms is highly desirable;
- Experience in designing training content focused on the needs of adult learners;
- Experience in delivering trainings, workshops and coaching;
- Soft skills
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, shows interest in two-way communication; adapts language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed;
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; is willing to learn from others;
- Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and missions; adjusts priorities as needed. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources to complete work. Anticipates risks and takes contingencies into account when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Takes initiative, manages own schedule and is self-motivated;
- Proven ability to work in a team;
How to register
Please apply via: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/591