Health Information Associates, a leading medical coding and auditing firm, announces multiple promotions amid continued growth
“Our team’s experience, knowledge, and most importantly, leadership is why we are the most respected coding and reviewing firm in the industry,” says Betsy Bailey, President and Founder of HIA.
PAWLEYS ISLAND, SC (PRWEB)
November 15, 2022
Health Information Associates (HIA) is proud to announce several leadership promotions to its business development, operations, marketing and technology teams as the company continues to significantly expand its coding and data services. medical audit, built over three decades.
The promotions demonstrate HIA’s philosophy of experience, expertise and education by having the best subject matter experts in its management and decision-making teams.
“HIA has always aimed to promote as much as possible from within. We are pleased to announce the internal promotions of several key individuals within our organization,” said Betsy Bailey, President and Founder of HIA. “Many of these people have worked for HIA for over 20 years and have been instrumental in the growth and success of our business. Our team’s experience, knowledge, and most importantly, leadership is why we’re the most respected coding and editing company in the industry. »
- Angie Christen, RHIA, a 30-year industry veteran and most recently Vice President of Operations at HIA, has been promoted to Executive Vice President. Christen joined HIA in 1996, leveraging her experience as Director of Medical Records and Quality Assurance (QA) to lead HIA in the growth of its coding support services. In this role, she will continue to oversee all coding operations, recruiting efforts, business operations and technology innovation strategies.
- Joel Shealy, who joined HIA in 1997, was also named executive vice president after serving as vice president of business development. Shealy, a 30-year industry veteran, leverages his business management and marketing experience to oversee strategic initiatives, implementation of new service lines, and integrated marketing and sales strategy.
- Brett Randolph, RHIT, CDIP, CCS, AHIMA Approved ICD-10/PCS Trainer, has been named Vice President of Client Services, promoting him from his previous position as Executive Director of Review Services. In his 30 years of Health Information Management (HIM) experience, Randolph has worked at all levels of the HIM department, including extensive coding experience as a coder, coding and director. He is active in his local chapter of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), having served as director, president, and past president. He is a nationally recognized speaker for AHIMA and AAPC and was also the 2017-2018 recipient of the WVHIMA Distinguished Member Award.
- Daniel Day has been named vice president of technology, having worked at HIA for nearly 20 years guiding their internal information technology systems. Day led his team in developing HIA Service-as-a-Software (SaaS), Atom Audit, to become one of the industry’s leading medical coding audit platforms, while continuing to strengthen internal operations and the safety of HIA.
- Jean Franza, RHIT, has been named vice president of finance. Franza has overseen all of HIA’s accounting operations since joining the company in 2002. Prior to joining HIA, she was a business analyst at Liz Claiborne for 20 years, providing sales data to assist in line planning. future.
- Drew Crawford, a 23-year industry veteran, has been promoted to executive director of business development. Crawford has worked in healthcare related sales, account management and contracting throughout his career. Having spent 20 years with HIA, his in-depth knowledge of HIA’s service capabilities enables him to provide meaningful solutions to customer challenges.
- Beth Ann Moran, MSHIM, has been promoted to Director of Strategic Initiatives. Since joining HIA in 2015, Moran has worked in the recruiting and marketing departments. Moran’s new position will spearhead HIA’s efforts to expand and improve its service offerings.
- Taylor Hankinson has been named chief marketing officer after six years with the company as director of marketing communications. Hankinson has 15 years of digital marketing experience and has used his knowledge to successfully increase HIA’s digital audience, brand visibility and lead generation through paid, owned and earned media strategies.
About the EIS
For the past 30 years, HIA has been the leading provider of compliance audits, coding assistance services and clinical documentation audit services for hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, physician groups and other healthcare entities. HIA offers PRN support as well as full outsourcing support. More recently, HIA launched Atom Audit, its new medical coding audit and data analysis software. Atom Audit is an intuitive and easy-to-use coding review application that enables auditors to manage the entire audit lifecycle effectively and efficiently. Features like customizable reporting dashboard and coder workflow allow users to turn audit insights into actionable next steps. For more information, visit HIAcode.com or call 866-HIA-CODE.
Share the article on social networks or by e-mail: